- 1988 - Oxford Polymers® begins operations as a marketing and sales organization specializing in selling engineering thermoplastics throughout the northeastern part of the United States.
- 1991 – Oxford Polymers® moves to a larger 20,000 square foot facility in Middletown Ct. to warehouse materials for its growing customer base.
- 1993 - Oxford Polymers® establishes in house laboratory to test and inspect all materials.
- 1994 - Oxford Polymers® establishes standard product line of common engineered thermoplastics. This product line is manufactured at various approved subcontract manufacturers.
- 1995 – Oxford Polymers® becomes approved supplier to GM/Delphi and expands customer base outside the Northeast.
- 1997 - Oxford Polymers® relocates to 50,000 square foot plant at present site in New Britain, CT and begins in house extrusion by purchasing 2 single screw extruders. Oxford Polymers® achieves ISO9001 quality registration. All production and testing performed at Oxford Polymers® falls under new quality standard.
- 1998 - Oxford Polymers® broadens standard product line offerings to include highly reinforced compounds. Oxford Polymers® introduces Oxnilon, our brand name for nylon 6 and 66 products. Oxford Polymers® purchases its first production twin screw extruder.
- 2000 - Oxford Polymers® Performance Materials is spun out as a stand-alone corporation to specialize in OXPEEK compounds for body implant applications.
- 2002 - Oxford Polymers® doubles plant size to 100,000 square feet to house additional compounding equipment along with close loop recycling machinery.
- 2003 - Oxford Polymers® purchases competitive compounder including equipment and customers.
- 2004 - Oxford Polymers® doubles twin screw compounding capacity with new production extruder.
- 2005 - Oxford Polymers® enhances capability to reinforce most engineering grade plastics with up to 60% short glass fibers and starts to compete for long glass fiber applications.
- 2007 - Oxford Polymers® broadens product offerings in high heat alloys with various base resins including PEI, PPS and PPA.
- 2009 - Oxford Polymers® launches post-consumer based compounds to support growing requests from green market opportunities.
- 2011 - Oxford Polymers® increases twin screw capacity by 35% adding 7M pounds of production as well as increasing demetalizing and grinding capability to our recycling operations.
- 2012 - Oxford Polymers® adds ISO testing capability & doubles blending capacity
- 2013 - Oxford Polymers® increases extrusion capacity by 8M pounds with purchaseof new 72mm twin compounding line, and installation of second bulkloading station.
- 2014- Oxford Polymers® adds a high temperature extrusion line to increase capacity for small lots and custom colors of materials such as PEI, PPS, PEEK, PPSU & Polysulfones.
- 2015- Oxford Polymers increases its development capacity by adding our 6th twin screw extrusion line. Oxford becomes an approved supplier to TRW Automotive.
- 2016- Oxford Polymers attains multiple plastic compound approvals at Fiat Chrysler (FCA). Oxford commercializes first large volume program with Schick Razors/Edgewell.
2018: Oxford marks our 30th anniversary of being in business.
2020: COVID: Oxford makes major improvements and upgrades in plant capability and capacity during automotive shutdown.
2021: Oxford purchases a new 75mm twin screw compounding line to be operational by the 4th quarter, bringing our total number of extrusion lines to nine.
Value Driven Solutions
Oxford Polymers®, an ISO9001/2015 company, provides value driven solutions for users of engineering thermoplastics.
Oxford Polymers'® development and compounding facility is located in New Britain, CT. Our 100,000 square foot facility houses all operations including our technology center, production compounding operations and our state of the art laboratory. Oxford Polymer of New Britain, CT has core manufacturing competencies in single and twin screw compounding.
From product development to full-scale production, Oxford Polymers® can deliver materials faster and more cost effective than our competition while maintaining quality standards unparalleled in today's marketplace. Whatever your application calls for - automotive, consumer products, electrical, medical, telecommunications, industrial or high heat exposure, Oxford Polymers® is prepared to assist you in finding the best solution of performance and value.